Friday, February 24, 2012

The Week In Review; Lessons Learned

This week has been an interesting one for me. I had a mix of ups and downs. As usual, I always try to learn from my experiences whether they're good or bad and this week was definitely not short of lessons learned.

What transpired was definitely not the first time. However, it still taught me a lot about family, friends, money, and spirituality. It once again reminded me of what's important and what really matters most in my life.

I'm so grateful to God that what happened did happen because it certainly opened my eyes and definitely toughened me up. Here are the lessons I've learned:

* Family - having a loving and very supportive partner and mother is such a huge blessing. It's so comforting to know that they're always by my side in good times but most especially in bad and they never stop believing in me.

* Friends - "Good friends are like Stars, you don't always see them, but you know they are always there."

* Money - "Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants."
Benjamin Franklin

* Spirituality - "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."

The most important lesson though that I've learned is that I am responsible for my own life and my own actions. I should not, cannot, and will not wait for other people to make things happen for me.

That said, I would like to invite you to watch the three short videos below from Oprah's Life Class Show. It is very inspiring and motivating and I could definitely relate to the videos, most especially with what happened to me this week.

Have a great and safe weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive